How do I stand Out in an Interview.
How do I stand out in an interview.
Here are some of the main points that will make you stand out in an interview.
- Be a very good listener. In a situation where a follow up is required the fact that you have listened carefully to what the interviewer has discussed will put you in a great position.
- On the same theme do not talk too much. Answer the questions that you are asked clearly and concisely and never stray into waffling and padding.
- Dress smartly and appropriately for the job that you are being interviewed for.
- Be polite and well mannered but at the same time ensure that you speak confidently and clearly.
- Do your research. When asked ‘why would you like to join this company’ you will wish you had.
- Make sure your CV is correct and up to date – no longer than 2 sides of A4 ideally and well presented.
- Never complain about your previous employer – this is a pet hate for interviewers
- Make sure that if you are asked if you have any questions – you do have at least one if not two good questions that show you are genuinely interested in the company you are seeking to join.
- Do prepare for the old faithful – ‘tell me about yourself’ question. This open ended invitation will floor a lot of people so see it as a chance to shine.
- Finally you are free to do as much research on your interviewers and possible managers using social media which will give you a good feel about what is important to them and the way the company is heading.