Experienced Yardman required by Builders Merchant based in Aldermaston, Berkshire RG7 4PW
To assist the foreman with the efficient and saferunning of the yard, ensuring its always keep it in a clean and orderly state.If you are already an experienced and enthusiastic yard person who has thedesire work with a successful team. Also a professional in your approach andhave the desire to provide exceptional customer service. You in addition wish tobe part of a winning team, seeking to grow the business, then read through thebelow and if you have the experience & skill set, we would be only to happyto hear from you;
- Ensure company vehicles are loaded and unloaded correctly
- Unloading and checking goods inwards and checking outward delivery notes
- Maintain the yard in an efficient, orderly and clean fashion.
- Plan day to day work to achieve maximum results, effectiveness and efficiency
- Supervise the operation of all equipment and regular checks of the same
- Ensure that all legal requirements are met with particular regard to health and Safety
- Notify Manager with regard to any complaints by customers, make recommendations for improvements.
- Report and log all accidents, responsible for daily stock checks. Assist Sales staff in busy periods with Counter sales
- Keep a close eye on the possibilities of pilfering, take steps to prevent and notify manager.
- To assist the company and any other department / branch as and when
- Training: identify training needs with your staff, ensuring adequate training is delivered
- Ensure all staff, including yourself, are aware up to date and fully aware of Health and safety rules
- Awareness of own safety and ability to see the yard operate in a safe manner at all times
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of general building, hardware, timber products and their uses.
- Experienced with handling Merchant customer queries.
- Organised and punctual.
- Able to manually lift and carry materials.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a highly successful team.
- Drivers license.
- Forklift license.
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5pm and everyother Saturday 8am to midday
Salary: Highly Competitive
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £26,000.00 /year depending on experience
- Builders Merchant : 1 year (Required)
If you feel you could fulfil this role call 01865820099 or click apply.