Position: Domiciliary Care Worker/Health Care Worker(HCW)
Salary: £8.35 – £9.57 + Petrol allowance, Pension, Employee incentive scheme, Contracted Hours, Holiday pay, Company mobile, In house / on line /Accredited training.
Responsible to Registered Manager
Purpose of position
To provide personal care and support to service users’ in their own homes for whom the company has agreed to provide a service for in line with an agreed care plan.
To care for service users in a non-discriminatory manner, respecting each user’s dignity, individuality, cultural and social background and prompting their independence.
To work with other staff employed byCare Force and where needed with staff involved from other services in order to provide an integrated approach to meet people‘s health and care needs.
To work in partnership with service users’ family, friends and support networks who are involved in their care and support.
To contribute to an individual’s wellbeing.
In line with an individual’s plan of care and support:
· Help with their activities of daily living, getting up in the morning, going to bed at nights, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and toilet arrangements
· Help service users overcome any mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including helping in the use and care of aids and personal equipment
· Help make a person physically comfortable by, making and changing beds, tidying rooms, removing rubbish, doing light cleaning, laundry and emptying commodes where used
· Help with their eating and drinking by, preparing meals, snacks and drinks and helping users to eat and drink, if they cannot or have difficulty in doing this by themselves
· Contribute to specialised care plans, for people with dementia, re-enablement issues or any other needs
· Help users take their medication (as specified on their care plans)
· Contribute to the care of service users who are temporarily sick and needing, bed nursing, help with feeding, etc
· Contribute as needed to a person’s end-of-life care provision
· Promote users’ mental and physical activity by, eg, talking to them, helping them do things for themselves, prompting, taking them shopping, involving with them in activities such as reading, writing and hobbies
· Read and write reports, provide feedback and take part in staff and service users’ meetings and in training activities as directed.
· Comply with the company guidelines and policies at all times, in respect of dress code, using company mobile phone, giving feedback, travelling and security and safeguarding of service users
· Report to the Registered Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a service user
· Encourage and enable service users to remain as independent as possible
· Perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
· To apply company protocols relating to Health & Social care act 2008/regulations (part 3) as amended and the CQC’s regulations 2009 (Part 4) as amended. Regulations 2015.
· To apply the “Code of Conduct” for Healthcare Support Workers.
· To apply company protocols relating to GDPR(General Data Protection Regulation 2018)
Skills and knowledge requirement
The following personal attributes are considered essential to the post of care worker.
The job holder must be:
· Good verbal communication skills and ability to listen sensitively to others
· Reasonable written communication skills, with an ability to contribute to a record keeping
· Reliable and prompt with good time management skills
· Ability to work alone or as part of a team
· Ability to provide sympathetic, emotional and practical support to service users
· A common sense approach to problem solving and an ability to deal with conflict and distress
· Ability to work without direct supervision in service user’s home
· Ability to liaise in a professional manner with other agencies
· An understanding of the aims and principles of Care Force
· Understanding of Care Force’s Equal Opportunities Policies
· Experience of providing care, support or other services to other people with support needs,
Full induction training will be given(For none qualified applicants).
Active shadowing programme.
Personal development via accredited Diploma’s.
· An active team player but also able to work on own initiative
· Able to follow care planning requirements and instructions.
The above lists are not exhaustive.
If you feel you could fulfill this role please call 01527 577 247 or click Apply.
Tagged as: health, health care assistant